View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: American national anthem at WSOP main event???

[ QUOTE ]

How +EV would it be as you were carted off to the hospital after my big ass knocked all of your teeth out? You're in America, DEAL WITH IT!!! If I was in Canada I wouldn't care one bit standing up for a few minutes, whoopie.....

[/ QUOTE ]

See? You're on tilt already after just reading a post. When I'm prancing around outside the tournament hall, wearing my OBL mask, burning the Stars and Stripes, and waving placards condemning the US I'm going to have 95% of players desperate to bust me. It's probably a good way to get an insight of what it feels like to be Hellmuth.

Relax. I wasnt being serious. I like visiting America and I already said that I'm naturally a polite person who wouldnt dream of deliberately causing offence. BUT I still don't like the principle of a national anthem being sung [I didnt know it was some famous singer leading it] at a supposedly international event. If I'd visited a domestic sports (or any other) event and the national anthem had been sung I wouldnt have the slightest problem in standing up and mouthing some words anonymously. I'll even wave a little flag if you like.

I was just hypothetically musing that IF someone had the balls to refuse to go along with it at the WSOP they could possibly gain an edge.