View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 3 HU hands. 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I would have called the flop 3-bet and called down if I had the read that this player would 3-bet all aces and pairs preflop. Did you end up chopping with a better/worse nine?

Hand 2: Similar to hand 1, it seems okay if you have the read that he will raise all aces and pairs preflop. Still, I think the turn cap is excessive. You're mostly beating a bluff so get an extra bet on him by letting him continue to bluff the river. I think I would have called the three bet and check-raised the river.

Hand 3: That seems like a good flop for you. I would have bet the flop or raised the turn. On the river, it seems like a raise is almost better than a call because you might get him to fold all the middle pairs. How wide is his preflop thee-betting range? KQ, KT, QT?, Q9?, T9s?, 98s?,... it has to be pretty wide to make that river call profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: he had 65s, might have been 65o.

Hand 2: he folded so I didnt get to see.

Hand 3: river was a gamble call, in that a couple hands before he had 3 bet KQs and had done the same thing when they hit the flop UI. Of course he did the same thing with TT when he flopped a set...but the difference when he flopped his set he also checked to me on the turn. And he also did this to me with AA. So 2/3 of the time he checked both the flop and turn he had something. The 1/3 of the time he checked the flop, and bet the turn...he had overs UI. I forgot to mention this obviously, but I did hate the river card, alot. It was still a gambool move. Anyway, I got lucky in the fact he had QTs.