View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: $11: Should I even be playing?

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing in a STT with deeper stacks, which elements of the CW are equally (if not more) applicable to the optimal approach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Provided CW means "common wisdom," then yes; much of the advice posted here is geared toward the PP stucture. There are some posters who play the regular Stars format (me for one) and others who play the Stars turbos - where the blinds rise very fast but you start with a deep stack so a little more room to get involved early.

The bubble advice posted here still applies to the FTP structure, although typically you can afford to be a little more patient. Many of the posts with post-flop play will apply, especially in the middle stages where if you are going to continue after the flop most likely you will be committing the rest of your stack.

Another difference between the FTP structure and PP is that you will sometimes get heads-up with a large enough stack that moving all-in or folding are not your only options. HoH2 has excellent advice for heads-up play under these conditions.

In addition to this forum, you should also read the Pot-Limit and No-Limit forums for advice on playing when you're deep stacked.

If you're playing to improve you might also want to play the Trout tournaments every Wednesday night at Stars. You won't find competition this tough for $11 anywhere else that I'm aware of.