View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Foxwoods Trip Report (long) December 23rd, 2005

[ QUOTE ]
wow, great report! serious detail..

one thing though...

[ QUOTE ]
One hand that may have been crucial for my later results (since it kept a player in the game that likely would’ve been eliminated, changing the flow of the cards).

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's "tha' truth!", it was rigged against me!

Eh, I won the flip with my K/Q against the pocket 9's, which would've severely short-stacked me had I lost, and sent a guy packing. Guess it's only correct variance that my Queens fall to the A/K. Those Queens were killer though, seeing Mr. SlowPlay limp with Queens out of position twice and catch me once with them. Then watching a guy at my final table lose with Q/Q against A/8 sooted on the river and then my Queens getting killed too.

Oh yeah, I didn't see Mr. Slowplay in the final four tables, so his constant slowplaying probably cost him when someone saw a cheap flop and outdrew him.

And that 2+2 kid two to my left was in the BB, folded to me on the button with J/9 offsuit and I pushed. Folded to him and he goes into the tank and thinks for quite awhile before folding. I say to him "you have two paint cards?" and he replies "I had an ace". I respond "I had an Ace!"

Then I say "guess your kicker wasn't so strong?". And his reply was that he felt he could wait for a better spot to get his money in. "Fold equity?" I say, and he replies "exactly". Thank god for thinking players, I could've been in trouble that hand, or outdrew him. I certainly didn't want the call. Also stole from them with my 10/7 suited earlier at the table.

Some really great opportunities to steal when there's 3-4K in the pot pre-flop and it represents 1/3rd to 1/2 of each players stack!