Thread: 15-30 blinds HU
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: 15-30 blinds HU

I'm still trying to figure out how to play with the 2/3 blind structure, but I am pretty sure that you can't play 72o here because you will be OOP and you are really getting much closer to 2-to-1 odds on your money, as most players will (correctly) raise most of the time you limp your SB.

I'm trying to figure out if hands like T6o, 94s, Q3o are playable in this spot. I suspect they are right on the border of profitability, and right now I play them if I know of weaknesses in opponent's postflop game or have reason to believe he is bad postflop, but generally fold against good players here. Maybe limp-folding is right here with the weakest hands (including 72o), although once you do that once, you are basically getting raised every future SB-BB confrontation, and you end up inducing BB to playing a pretty good strategy.

I am still trying to figure out whether open raising in general is best with playable hands or limping is better (3-betting better hands in general, with some variation against opponents with whom I have a history).

So I doubt I am very helpful, but I suspect that if BB is playing properly aggressively in this spot, then you should probably be folding your worst 10-20% of hands. This is because you have reduced immediate odds and still face the prospect of a weak hand out of position.