View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: My contribution to all the \"turning pro\" posts. LONG

Best of luck to you bud, I didn't mean to be so critical. AND I did say that I couldn't give you any great advice because I don't know you or your situation.

The president comment was just to point out that successful people are successful people. Before I quit my job I was on a quick and strong ride to the top. Most of the other pros I know are the same way. Poker pros aren't profitable because they're good at poker. They're profitable because of who they are.

I also have to tell you that I have one of the most rewarding and fulfilling lives that I can imagine. It has been a blessing for my family and I. I spend at least two hours a day playing with my daughters (7years & 18 months)and an awful lot of time with my wife.

I will tell you that I average 2bb/hr. in live play and my hourly expectation is better in online play when I only play at one table. (reason for the unexcessive amount of hands played by your view.) I still think that's a lot of hands. But I don't rely on my online winnings....as a matter of fact my wife usually loses whatever I win online...lol.

Anyway, I sincerely hope the best for you and your family. Hopefully someday we'll conversate over some felt.

Jcar12