View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com?

pokerroom was my first as well, since I only had a mac machine at the time (have since added a dedicated PC on the side just for poker and whoring in general).

can't say that I was a "rock" but I was two tabling 1/2 and 2/4 several hours every night and on the weekends.

still practicing my skills at the time so I was probably down about 2BB/hour overall. made most of it back on a fluke Let It Ride session during their cash giveaway promo, didn't get a spot prize but was dealt 4OAK for a $200 hit.

now that I can whore a Party, TGC, Stars and UB all day, the pokerroom deals in comparison are quite slim. rarely any reload bonuses, and virtually no use for player points if you don't enter their weekly freerolls. at the very least they should let you exchange points for their ugly pokerroom gear. but they don't.

because it is java compatible and I can play on someone else's computer without installing anything, I leave $100 in there just in case I catch the poker bug while I'm away from home.

but there's really no reason to keep supporting them with such superior competition out there.