View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Kerry Takes a Backseat to None About Being Disingenous

I love how your entire article of pages and pages is all based fron the NTU website, which is clearly a biased source. I also like how they don't talk about how many billions of dollars go to the military, far more than any other of the programs they are complaining about. They do mention the increase in government spending, but this doesn't qualify. If they're going to criticize the platforms of the democratic candidates, they should also take a look at more things about the current administration than it's tax cuts and vague comments about spending. Based on the democratic platforms presented so far, even if they did repeal the tax cut, they would also significantly reduce spending. Thus neither side can be entirely correct by their model. In this way, the plethora of information introduced here fails to make neither Kerry nor Bush look like the answer. Again, corporate taxes differ from individual income taxes. It is possible to modify only some of the various taxes. I feel like many supporters of Bush have a real problem defining any faults in his presidency. No president has ever been perfect, but some people would have you believe that the current one is as close as we've been. Perhaps this is a knee jerk reaction to the various criticisms of him, but such things are an integral part of politics. I can only hope that the perspective of history will reveal to those people, the big picture that they were missing during these last few years.