View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Laying Down an Overpair - Party 20

FWIW I put UTG+2 on JJ after the flop action.

MP1 had been doing a lot of limping so I didn't necessarily give him credit for much, though calling 3 bets cold on the flop indicated a dumb sandbagged 5 or a flush draw, minimum. They may be donks, but I'd say the overwhelming majority players even at the 10/20 games I play will instafold for 3 bets on the flop without a big hand or draw.

I put button's capping range on AKs-AQs and AA-TT. I'm only ahead of AK-AQs, AKo and TT here, and splitting with the case QQ. If Button is playing AK(s/o) this way he's got at least one big spade, which negates any backdoor flush draw I have. Worst case scenario he has AA-KK, though I think after UTG+2's and MP1s action I'm drawing very thin regardless.

I didn't post numbers because I didn't want them to make a difference as I only played a few orbits, but overall on the night UTG+2 turned out to be something like 29/19/4.5 over 50 hands (which of course is irrelevant).

Although the pot is huge, at the time I felt that the chances of me having the best hand were much lower than 10% (and UTG+2 check/3bets after the cap with no less than AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which I'm barely ahead of in the first place), and the times I'm good on the flop, I probably only am best half the time at showdown against these opponents.

I'll post results for those curious after I get back from class.