View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: The Nuts... now what?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, all i noticed during play was that when i changed the pace of the betting/calling, he changed his action. You might be right he is chasing his flush, but on the other hand, at micro, how often is QQ laid down...So yes, i think my pausing at least put some doubt on him, as buzz-cp said.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know? In order to make this statement, you'd have to know what he was GOING to do vs. what he DID do. (Edit: and in order to be able to get that read online, you'd have to have thousands of hands on Villan, that'd you'd studied with a microscope. Live at least you might see him going back for extra chips or something.)

And, you're right, QQ isn't going to get laid down in micros...for him the backdoor flush draw was just a bonus. And the 2nd (ok, 3rd, but I bet your Villan didn't notice the sf any more than you did) nut flush is going to be raised on the river about 100% of the time...maybe more.

Shant is right...timing-based tells are garbage. Me scratching my nuts before I bet/call may be a tell, but it's not because of the time it take me; I just want to make sure they're still there when I'm considering raising 3rd pair on the river.