View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Mods please chill....\"8-tabling and such\" (cont)

[ QUOTE ]
At what x does x-tabling take away from your ROI because you can't observe player characteristics effectively?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 55s, I would guess x > 12. I 10-table, and I can observe many of the key elements of a hand instantaneously (<1 second) that account for I would estimate 95% of my decisions. Beyond that I have information such as PT stats by # of players remaining, hand history, # of games I've played with this person, notes, etc. available for other circumastances in those estimated 5% of hands where I have to "think" about what to do, which make my decisions just as easy then. I very rarely time out, but I very often come close when I am near the bubble on many tables at once, so I'm guessing 12 is near the max where you could effectively operate without taking such a hit to your ROI that it wouldn't just be better to play a lesser # of tables.

At the 33s and below, I would guess x > 16. Same reasoning as above, with more simplified decisions on the bubble and such.

At the 109s and above, I have no idea. I plan on dropping to 8 when I take stabs at the 109s.

All those above #'s are assuming you have monitors that show your tables without overlap. (though I have some overlap with tables 9 and 10 when I play)