Thread: WMT
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: WMT

I will probably make about 10-15 separate little posts, as time permits. So please be patient.

First of all, in the long term 10 years/20 years or even ultra long term 30-40 years, WMT will be and is a great stock.

Read Stocks for the Long Run by Siegel.

Second, small investors really need to consider the short term too, because they tend to have a more limited capital inflow, a shorter time horizon, etc.

Third, before you even consider the stock's fundamentals you need to look at the short-term economic picture in America and Overseas.

Long-term WMT should do well in China. Are they involved in India? How long will it take before we see profits overseas? How much a percentage of WMT's total profit are overseas stores?

Is there much room for expansion in the U.S. or is the market saturated?

If most of the profits are from teh U.S. currently and in the forseeable short term future. Then let's focus on the U.S.

Right now, the chart has been going down? For about a year to a year and 6 months? WHY? It peaked in 2003 in what month? WHY.

First explain that to me. IF you haven't considered that. ANd if you cannot give me a plausible answer to that question. THen there is nothing further to discuss.