View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: getting slaughtered at party $50 6max

These stats look OK to me, though possibly a little on the tight side. But I don't think this is the right way to evaluate your play -- there's all kinds of ranges of stats that could be OK or great or terrible depending on how they're played. I've found that over the past 10k or so hands I've played at 50NL, I've upped my winrate a TON by not thinking about stats in this way. Rather, I find a table with a donkey or two, preferably with stacks. There's no shortage. I try to figure out what kind of donkeys they are, which doesn't take long. Then I focus almost exclusively on them. I'll play as many hands as I possibly can against them, isolating whenever possible.

So my stats don't really reflect my average play at all. I'm slightly loose/aggressive against unknowns or decent players. But against those 80/0 calling stations you often find, I'll play something like 40/35 (especially when I can get them on my immediate right and depending on table conditions). And my postflop aggression will be close to infinity. Against overagressive donks, I do a lot of limp-calling or reraising preflop, and my postflop aggression will be much lower. So to say that I'm 30/15 with a postflop aggression of 3.5 is missing the point.