Thread: QQ Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: QQ Hand

Boris, Boris, Boris...

You've got to pop that preflop, because popping it is fun. I like to play big pots, especially with big pairs. I understand your rationale for not raising, but I don't agree with it. 2.5 big bets is a lot, you know? Hell, sometimes even people will just reraise for the hell of it, and then you get to play a monster.

Being that you didn't, then I like getting lots of bets in on the flop. Either bet it out or checkraise. A C/R would have been hot here, since it sounds like you would have been able to get a 3-way cap, possibly even 4 ways with the live one. This is becasue the better is on your left, the live one in the middle, and the spazzo on your right. Bingo bango bongo.

You can't fold your hand. Even if you know you're beat, just show it down and look stupid. I like the play on the turn & river, actually. There is one thing that I don't like, though: you said you THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Never do this. You don't want people to think about anything, nor let them know that you can be made a little uncomfortable. Just call it down in a flash. If you do have to think about it, try to learn to BS them while you buy yourself some time.

Oh and by the way: 40-80 is plenty big to be "high limit" - you can get all the money in the world at this level if you play well. I'd say that's plenty big, and given a few years, most of the others on this board will agree with me.