View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #6

i think its a pretty good strategy to just wait till the turn against alot of players. honestly though i dont call the flop and semibluffraise the turn much anymore. my raises get 3bet alot because not only am i very aggressive but i do alot of bet/fold or raise/fold lines so my opponents try to capitalize on that by 3betting me alot. i think my style of play has evolved into a very aggressive style with lots of semibluffraising the flop and alot of folding when played back at with weak hands. the upside to this is that my opponents will often find themselves spewing to me as they try to move me off a hand and have trouble folding against me because i could be on a draw or a weak pair. im not saying this strategy is the best strategy or that its even a good one, but i think it works for me and utilizes my strengths. playing my draws hard against the players i play against makes them (incorrectly) call down with very weak hands so i dont have to worry too much about not getting action.

i do alot of flop raising with strong hands because i raise my draws on the flop. as a result im often 3bet and extract alot of value with my made hands. youll often see me raise the flop, get 3bet and ill cap. the opponent will checkraise the turn with an overpair, ill 3bet and hell call down. getting my money in on the flop with a draw doesnt lose that much equity and often gets me a free card while getting alot of action on my big hands.

i think when playing against semipassive players (what many here might consider to be aggressive but not overaggressive) its a good strategy to just call the flop instead of raising in most situations. it really makes it tough for the opponents to play against you out of position because they have to invest so many bets to take down the hand postflop unimproved. however, if you commonly call the flop and bet the turn (like you should) you are in an exploitable situation as you might get screwplayed alot. i really doubt this happens at the 10/20 level because not only are the players not observant enough partially because the player base is so large, they arent good enough to realize that a screwplay against your strategy is an excellent counterstrategy.