View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #6

Lately I have been experimenting with never raising the flop in position when I defend in BB. I either fold the flop or most commonly call and raise the turn with both pairs and draws and sometimes bluffs (frequencies adjusted for the opponent). More rarely I will wait until the river to raise or just call down. What do you think of this sort of approach from a game theory perspective? Am I giving up much by never giving action on the flop. In some ways it must make me unexploitable since I play every hand that I'm continuing with on the flop the same. Btw, I defend 100% in the BB unless the player's PFR/Att to steal is pretty low. I feel that all this turn raising really makes players fear to get involved with me, and exploits the two most common errors of HU opponents by getting more value from loose players and making tight players fold too often. Thoughts?

Also I should tell you that I really love these blind battle hands you've been posting and have enjoyed your comments and those of others. Very interesting and educational stuff.