View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: anyone see this? DN lays down KK preflop..

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, I know we've all read the caro weak means strong and strong means weak....but I'm thinking negreanu gets pretty good reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this particular situation, it would've helped, since his read happened to be incorrect. "I folded my KK face up and my opponent, who also promised he'd show me turned over... QQ!"

He also mentions that the button is a "novice player" - generally speaking, it's only the more experienced players who will tell you the truth about their hand in the hopes that you'll think they're lying and do what they want you to do (Scotty Nguyen won the WSOP doing just that).

I don't know how much was in the pot (I didnt see the QQ's stack size listed anywhere), but you have to be pretty damn sure he can have nothing but aces to lay that down. If there is any possibility at all that he has just as low as QQ, your KK is a coinflip against his range. Obviously it gets much better if there's a shot that he has AK or JJ as well.

But the upside is that against someone with a range of {AA-QQ} in that spot, if you fold your KK face up, 6/13ths of the time you look like a genius.