Thread: bluff
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

river is 8, he checks, I bet all in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a smaller bet that you could make?

I'm assuming you're betting all-in so you don't get re-bluffed... but you played your hand like you could very possibly have an ace, and I think he mucks a king to a PSB here too.

I think your folding equity increases with your bet size -- up to a point. Obviously, you should make the smallest bet that makes him fold everything but an ace... but there is that small chance that he does have an ace, and you may as well lose as little as possible when that happens...

...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think you're right, i just thought if i potted it he would call with a king, and an all in he folds... everything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i didn't think he had an ace, checking an ace would be a good / tricky play that i dont think most 2/4 nlers are capable of.

sorta why i posted it though, this is hardly standard, and me doing stupid things from a weeklong+ break isn't good, so I wanted to see if i had validation.

seems so, but who knows, i just thought he folds almost everytime so the amount i bet (as long as he always folds K and worse) assured i would only be called by the nuts.

but who knows