View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
You made a weak bet, which will encourage him to bluff, so your calling hand range has to expand to account for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I think is the key to the hand, and ultimately where I went wrong. Though I saw someone else say to fold preflop. In the hand I had AQ off. The opponent had AQ suited. I folded to the all-in raise, the opponent flashed his cards, so I know what he had for sure.

Afterward, he said the turn bet seemed a little fishy to him. This wasn't even in my thought process and should have been.

When I folded, I considered AQ the weakest possible hand he could have based on all the action. I really thought he had AA or KK after he went all in, but thought he might have AJ and sucked out. Looking back, that would not have been a good play on the flop by him with AJ, so I should have ruled that out, unless he had an unlikely QJ.

I don't have much NL experience, so if 5:1 is pretty good odds for TPTK in this situation, I will consider it in the future.

Thanks.

Edit: It is actually 3.46:1 on the call. How about now? Or am I looking at this ratio incorrectly? $45 to win $156, not $45 to win $201 pot.