View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: NYC - BPC Club raided

[ QUOTE ]
GAMBLING is illegal. The biggest point to get across to people is that POKER IS NOT GAMBLING, it is a game of skill just as bridge and other games have been determined to be games of skill in NYC and as poker has been deemed in other parts of the country and so owning a club is not illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA.. I just love these idiotic posts... here ye... here ye.. "POKER IS NOT GAMBLING"!! Are you kidding me? Lets see... I can play a chess master 100,000 times in a row and I will have NO chance of winning even a SINGLE game because I SUCK at chess. I have NO SKILL in regards to chess. That is a game of skill and you have 100% control of whether you win, lose, or draw. Poker is NOT this way! Ever have a hit his ONE-outer on the river? Ever lose to someone with NO skill? If poker is ALL skill then this would never be the case. Is that not luck? This my friend, is what gambling is about. Yes, there is much skill involved in poker and you will see it over the long run, but if poker was not gambling, there would be no bad beat stories for use to enjoy in these forums [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. Players only have control over their actions, not what the board brings them or what cards they are dealt. Using your logic, black jack is not gambling either right?