View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Tired of Getting Pushed Around

I dont think that you are doing anything wrong with your preflop raises and both hands have followed a similar pattern.

I would be interested to know whether you have showndown any of your HU hand with this opponent.

HU play is very different to ring play, and I think that you need to showdown a hand, even with only A and a good kicker sometimes. Otherwise as you suspect, you can get pushed off the pot by an aggressive opponent (and it looks as though your opponent is a TAG).

I would even have considered 3-betting the flop with your AT to try to regain control of the first hand. You have to remember that while you will miss 1/3rd. of the flops, that your opponent will also miss 1/3rd. of the time too.

With a rainbow and all rags on the 1st flop, I think there was probably a fair chance that your opponent missed the flop also.

Once you start to show down a hand or 2 HU with the same opponent, I think that you will then start to get a better feel of how they play and be able to make better decisions on future HU hands with them.