View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Default low limit multi-way hand. Please berate me.

Little background...the table was not as LAG as this hand would lead you to believe. This was considered a lot of action on this albeit low-limit Party table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

OK, I limp UTG. I can raise here but I want to play this hand multi-way. So I limp. I get a lot of action which pleases me.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Great flop for me. A bit co-ordinated but still I assume I'm ahead. I get a LOT of action here and I'm starting to wonder if I'm behind to someone's higher set?

Turn: (17.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

UGGGG. 789T, two spades, two clubs...gotta figure I'm behind here and I have a bettor and raisor right in front of me. I'm getting 10-to-1 odds on my money here (where I figure if my 10 outs are clean I'm about 20% to hit a boat or better), but if I'm behind to a higher set, I'm really in trouble. I assume my 10 outs aren't totally clean, and so I fold to the added aggression.

River: (23.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The "good" news is I probably don't get a lot of action on this river? The three opponents held KcKh, JsJd, and Jh4h for a two-way split-pot with J-high straight.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 23.25 BB, between MP2, CO and UTG+2.</font>

Any advice? Did I play this hand well or poorly? Funny thing is I was 5-tabling and on my next hand at the other table I made quad 8's for like a 10BB pot. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Why couldn't I have lost THAT pot? lol.