View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: fire the third barrel?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think weak/tight has become common on this fourm. In my month or so posting on this fourm my river agression has increased a lot. I am betting strong but not the nuts hands on the river way more often than I did before I started posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think where increased river aggression has helped me is not so much in the nuts and strong hands, but the "could go either way" hands.

Getting that 20% fold equity is what makes those hands profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure exactly what you are saying. If I make a river bet I want it to be called. But often only called. I am not trying to push better hands out on the river very often. I am too tight of a player to be trying to push a better hand out, if I make it to the river I either have a real hand or a very strong draw. An example would be when I flop top 2 pair with a board that has a flush draw. I lead out, flat called. Turn is a blank, I lead again, flat call. River brings that flush card. In the past would have checked this to see what villian does. Now I am leading again, knowing if I get flat called again I have the hand won 85% of the time, and if villian moves all-in I can fold. I consider this hand a strong hand but not the nuts obviously, and this is the kind of hand I am talking about.

Like I said in the past I would have checked and opened myself up to bluffs and missing a value bet if villian decided to check behind, I think the increased agression this fourm has brought me has helped my line.