View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: floped a set...time to get paid

[ QUOTE ]
As played I would of checked behind on the turn. Villian's play screams of AK. I would give him the opportunity to bluff the river, and if an Ace or King hits he will pay you off anyways. If he has the overpair he is leading the river. The turn bet is solid but i've been incorporating this line a little more in my play lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. For me, betting the turn is the same as raising the flop. This turn is a blank and can't have helped him. If you thought he would call this turn bet you should have raised the flop. But as you didn't, you must now check the blank turn. If he has a big pair he is betting out on the river anyway and you can raise him. If he has AK (which looks likely) he might either catch up or try a bluff on the river.
Check the turn. If he checks to you again on the river put in a small bet and hope to get raised.

By the way, am I the only person who wasn't too keen on hero's preflop call? I don't know what you knew about UTG+1 (original raiser) but you were in danger of getting squeezed between the two raisers which is a nasty spot to be in with a small pocket pair.