Thread: Session review
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Session review

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you should have picked up on balsen early in this game. He's a LAG big time. game 600300906, you have ATs and the flop has 2 Kings and a 3. You're on the button against 3 other players and it's checked to you. You probably have the best hand. Bet fold unless the raiser is balsen.

btw...playing on and off pro for the last 2 years at different levels..right now 3/6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dis/Agree

Torn on this one, I feel two of my opponents wouldnt fold(The two MAJOR LAGS/LPPs). Also others liked to slow play with these guys around the table so i felt a bet would be spewing with very little fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the board is paired, there is only a small chance that someone hit. Anyone except Balsen who did not hit on this flop will fold. Thus, you can safely check through the turn and fold the river UI against everyone but Balsen. But in essence, it's a value bet. You'd prefer it if Balsen folded but you rather him call with air then give him a free card. Besides, you have plenty of outs to improve against a pp or a 5's and a bet should give you a free card if one of the other players called along with Balsen.