View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: open limp from middle postion

I have a pretty small sample, only 75000 hands and 25000 of that is short handed but I have had some success with these hands from early position. Most of these hands are from 15/30 and 30/60 and I pretty much limp with them all. Using OP's starting hand minus A7s. So with A9s, A8s, KTs, QTs, and TJs I have made

UTG - <font color="red"> $178 </font>
UTG+1- $1577
UTG+2- $1543
UTG+3- <font color="red"> $82 </font>

For an overall profit of $2860 or $12.27 per hand. I think you are giving up too much by folding these hands especially if you have a limper. I don't see why you should be so worried about being isolated by an aggressive player and having to fold the flop when you miss. Chances are he's not isolating you with less than K high so he has you beat. I remember playing in a game once where everybody was playing tight and aggressive preflop, mostly just blind steals. I got QTs or TJs UTG and limped. Five or six players limped in behind me. There was some pretty heavy action that hand and a big pot was created. After that hand the table loosened up considerably and there was a lot more limping, it could have been partly due to tilt or maybe it was just coincidence and everybody now has lots of limping hands but I like to think I coaxed these bad players into it by showing them its OK to limp.

Anyway, I see in your post that you know you may be giving up some profit by not playing these hands so do want you want I just thought I would share some results. I would be interested in seeing some other players results that have much larger databases than I do.

regards