View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: comment-questions on liberties/terrorism

[ QUOTE ]
To you I ask, what if entirely credible evidence surfaced, along with the open declaration by Al Queda, that Al Queda had possession of dozens of nuclear bombs and was fully committed to detonating them in American cities? Now how much of that X amount of terrorist attacks are you willing to tolerate from your suburban nests?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some dumb [censored]. No really.

Why does the current Kool Aid slurping crowd assume that those opposed are also opposed to all covert surveillance?

What I want is legal wiretaps. I want some independant body to verify the legitamacy of the request. I don't want the current chief banana to just listen on whomever he wishes without probable cause.

What's so hard to understand that part of what we are trying to protect here is our way of life and our constitution (that even includes the pesky bill of rights)? Not just buildings and bodies.

Whats the big problem with checks & balances? Why do we need to vest all the power at the top with no review? Haven't we learned anything about absolute power corrupting absolutely?