View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Getting frustrated with the money I make

[ QUOTE ]
I guess we must live very different lives. I wouldnt get out of bed for $50k a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second post I read in a week has this s*** in it? Careful throwing stones like that in that glass house of yours.

To the OP: The great thing about a "real" job is absolutely zero variance. You get your check no matter what as long as you still have the job. There are plenty of part-time jobs that should cover your most basic expenses and leave you with enough time to play. I had a writer living in my basement for a while who worked in a chocolate shop part-time to pay the rent and then wrote the rest of the time. If you did the same thing with poker, you'd find yourself faced with the choice of going out tonight or playing poker for bankroll money, not going out tonight or playing poker for rent money. Once you see how much more you can make at the higher levels, it will seem totally worth it to sacrifice a few recreational nights for future implied fun, so your motivation will go up. More fun all around. Point being, get a crappy job to cover rent while you build a bankroll for the higher levels.