View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Corporate Greed Changing Face of Online Poker Forever

[ QUOTE ]

You suggest removing the capitalism from business. That is childish in it's simplicity and also impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would comprehend others comments, maybe you would understand their argument a little better before you comment.

I said I hoped the bigger sites would go the route of continuing to grow their player base, creating larger volume so rake increases were not needed.

Instead, they want to increase player base AND increase rakes at the same time. To me, this is not the way to go. If less players make a profit, then the sites will have less players. If they increase rake and it pushes marginal people out of the site, the site loses in the end.

I state that raising rakes will backfire on these sites as their player base erodes as people leave when they become net losers instead of net winners.

By seeking immediate returns on a quarterly basis to impress Wall St for short term positive affirmation, the sites are eroding the building blocks in regards to a stable player base into the future.

If players one day realize the only ones making money from online poker is online poker sites, then online poker will die a fast death. So limits on rake are indeed needed at some point. Even you have to admit that. Unless this whole thing is to become nothing but a goldrush that shrivels up and fades away in 7 years.