View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Dumbest home game rule ever?

When I visit my sister, we will occasionally play a small NLHE game (usually buy-in will be like $2 or $3) and we play with 0.05/0.10 blinds. My sister is a OK player but is kind of cautious and is the only weak-tight player of her group; for some comparisons, her husband hates poker and tries to lose his chips as quickly as possible so he can go play his guitar instead of cards, one of her friends still can't keep the hand rankings straight and is the ultimate calling station, and another guy is totally predictable in that big bet=bluff and small bet=monster.
My sister hates it when others go all-in, so she made a rule where the first play to bet on any given round can only bet $0.10. Anyone else who wants to raise on that street can raise up to all-in if they want. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I've explained to her how this sucks and I've tried to convince her to either play real NL, or play limit or PL if she doesn't like NL. She tells me "It's a house rule and you are in my house."