View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Second best home game ever (LONG!)

[ QUOTE ]

We switched games a few more times, and played PBadouokgi again. Sooga played a hand this particular orbit. Really, that's the "News" portion of this post. It really is newsworthy. He's a little on the snug side.

He stood pat from the get go and pumped the hand the whole way. mike l. expertly called down with like trips or something, just to be shown Sooga's smooth 6. Only because mike l. plays expertly was he able to play that hand to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, I didn't start with a pat 6. I drew 2 on the first draw and made it then. And also, to his credit, Mike did at least have a padoogi (it was a T or J, I think). I was almost afraid to bet my 6, fearing that with his vaunted expert play that Mike was setting me up for a raise with a 5 or 4 or something. Also, it's no joke - Mike truly does play padoogi on an expert level. Earlier in the game, he took my folded starting hand of KK97 double suited (we had a rule in place where you could play others' folded cards pre-draw), and somehow managed to turn that into a winner.

You also left out the part where you took a pot that was going to be mine and gave it to DD instead. As if he needed more chips.