View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Another Magic player wins a bracelet

[ QUOTE ]
Does someone explain very briefly how the whole thing works? I have no idea.

Wouldn't being rich in this game be a huge advantage, couldn't you just buy every card and never lose? Obviously I'm guessing this isn't the case, so I'm wondering how it all works.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having money certainly helps but any even semi-serious magic player can usually come up with the cards for any particular deck if they really want either via trading or borrowing or just shelling out the cash. It is a very skill intensive game where not only the actual play skill matters but the ability to predict what the other players will be playing so that you can adjust your deck accordingly to give yourself an edge is extremely important.

Some players may play a deck very well, but make bad choices with what deck to play or how to build that deck while others may be the exact opposite, where they build an excellent deck for the field but simply make mistakes during play that cost them the game. The best players are good at both aspects (or at least work with a team that will help with the second so they can focus on playing well)