View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
Show me the evidence against the flying spaghetti monster. Clearly THAT must be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
As I stated in another reply within this thread, Sklanksy said that "objective evidence points away [from Christianity]". I'm simply asking for that evidence.

As for your flying spaghetti monster, I'm going to assume from your post that you believe that God is simply some entity who was made up in the minds of men years ago. Am I right?

For this to be true, two questions would have to be answered in the affirmative:

1. Would such a fabrication be so demanding as the God of the Bible? The Biblical God is 100% holy and demands that we be as well. Living more morally than those around us is not enough to gain His acceptance.

2. Would most humans continue to believe in such a creature for their entire lives? Regardless of the specifics, most people believe in the existence of some type of a god. Sklansky says Christians have a disease about this, but even he says some type of God is plausible. We give up the idea of Santa Claus by age 10. Why do we hold on to the idea of God?

Undoubtedly, you will point out that the above questions "are not proof", and you're right. They aren't proof...by themselves. The possibility of a God, however, should lead you to look at the other evidence. The evidence for Christianity, as I stated earlier, is abundant.