View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Worst month of poker I\'ve ever had...

[ QUOTE ]
i feel your pain man. my advice is to take a day or 2 off, enjoy the holiday, get drunk, play pool or get some ass. then, play some at the 50s or 25s to regain confidence and remember what it was like to kill a game. good luck.

and as to your worst variance month being a -1 buy in month, i can share that sentiment. in my worst month i was up 3 buy ins at the end (granted i played 30,000 hands). i have had months where i showed a loss, but i think its much more frustrating to be stagnent and helpless...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just quoting this because I liked all of it in one form or another haha.
Tonight I was going to be playing in a great home game, but I'm going out to the bars with the woman, Getting smashed, getting laid (if she doesn't get too drunk lol) and enjoying myself.

And, I have lost more than 1 buy-in in a month.
By worst month ever, I meant that I cannot get anywhere.
I can be up a bunch, And then just get smashed over and over and over and end up back at square one.

My biggest example of it this month was sitting at A table with a nice big Moon Cow (that's what my roomie likes to call the donators) and he sucked out on me two times in a row for a buy-in each. So I buy back in, intending on getting all of his money. 1 hour later I'm sitting there with 450 bucks, and the donator is buying back in (lost over 700 in under 200 hands).
I get dealt pocket 2's and am in a raised pot with the Donator and one other guy.
Flop coems Q82. I hit my set, Great.
Donator bets, 3rd party guy raises, I call and Donator folds.
Turn is a random card. 3rd party guy bets, I raise, We end up all in. (3rd party guy had 250ish at the start of this hand).
River is an Ace, he turns over pocket aces and my day is once again ruined.

No matter what I do, I don't end up anywhere.
It has been frustrating.