View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/14) (25/50 NL)

Dave,

Poker is game of never ending new situations. Our mood, emotional status, cards, bankroll, players, etc. are constantly changing—poker is dynamic, not static. As a result, our need to adapt and learn will never end. In the end, our ability to adapt and learn is what will ultimately make us winning or losing players.

Winning or losing with class is in IMHO, the ultimate determination of a gentlemen or lady. Good sportsmanship is paramount if we want to be dignified and maintain or personal integrity.

We should not ever have to apologize for not living up to other’s expectations in terms of performance. If we try our best on each given night, then that is all that can be expected. No one will ever be successful each time they sit down to play and this is why we look at long term results. An apology should be reserved for when we act unprofessionally or personally attack another individual involved in the game (e.g. player, dealer, floor-man).

I have personally learned a great deal from watching this show and continually attempt to implement these concepts into my game. It is comforting to know that I have quality individuals like you, Shirley, Bart, Barry, Geoff, Russ, CW, and the many other regular posters on 2+2 to act as teachers and role models.

I guess the short version is, thank you for making yourself vulnerable to the comments of others so that we can learn from your experiences.

Now lets all have a group hug [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]