View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/14) (25/50 NL)

Interesting night....

Thanks for watching. It's always easy to be critical of someone else's play - for us here in the booth and for you at home. As for my play tonight, I appreciate the criticism.
I always say, the wonderful thing about poker is that you'll never stop learning. I've learned alot tonight. I had a read on Simon, but unfortunately didn't follow through with my instincts. I had put him on a draw...either Q/10, clubs or hearts. My instinct told me ace high was good - but I guess I didn't have the balls to put $1500 in.
Bart, shirley and I put ourselves on the line every day. By commentating, we open ourselves up to criticism. And obviously by playing, we definitely open ourselves up. My play tonight - and I will watch it later - might have seemed somewhat passive. Well, that's how I knew my opponents perceived me. I knew the players would continue to try and bluff me all night long. I didn't mind that. To me, as long as I'm aware of how my opponents see me, I should be okay. My plan was to play along with them - appear passive and then get some big hands and have them bluff into my nuts. Unfortunately I didn't get too many big hands. A/J - flopping a full house worked well. I got Vic to bluff $1800 off.
As for raising on the button with 8/7 or 4/6 and getting re-raised. I suppose I could have called and tried to out flop them...but I knew I was behind and with only about $4000 left, I didn't think I had enough money to make the implied odds worth it.
I know Avo was stealing my blinds left and right. I'm not going to risk $1500 just so that I can "take a stand" - it's a cash game, not a tournament.

Two hands that I regret and that I'll learn from are the hand where Simon bluffed me out and the hand where I had A/Q - right at the end of the show. I clearly could have taken the pot away from Vic. I actually thought A/Q might have been good - but still I should have bet the turn. Yes, lift up you skirt and strap on some Tuchman.

Hey, I'm not perfect. I do the best I can. Was this game a little out of my "comfort" zone? yes. I wanted to take a shot and maybe win some money and definitely learn a bit.
will I try again? Yes.
I thought it was about time I played in this game - like I said it's easy to be critical of someone else's play. Until you play high stakes no-limit hold'em, you don't really know how you'll play.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message. I'd really appreciate it.