Old 11-29-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: KK unimproved, facing a push and a call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bit arrogant aren't we?

[/ QUOTE ]
indeed

[ QUOTE ]
Your $20 v. $10 argument is ridiculous, top poker isn't binary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the post are we talking about top poker? I thought this was $100 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was going to be my exact response. Thanks. And to Ghaz's last post, yes the guy will have to adjust and learn to play postflop at the higher level. But he will be adequately bankrolled for it and it's not like all of a sudden when you jump up a level, pushing AA preflop every time magically becomes -EV. It will just be somewhat less +EV than it used to be. And then he will see that he can make more money playing it slower. And he still won't be -EV with AA playing it slower. He will just be less +EV than he could be. And then he will make adjustments and get better at the higher level.

And all of this will make him more money than trying to play the way that beats the higher limits at the lower limits because his opponents won't be reacting the same way at the lower limits anyways so his 'practice' isn't really helping him anyways and all he is doing it keeping himself at lower limits longer than he has to and he is getting into the habit of justifying sub-optimal play as 'mixing it up' or 'practicing' or whatever and then he won't recognize when he's on subtle tilt and a lot of other bad things will happen.

I guarantee you that if you always make what you think is the optimal play for the specific hand that you are in without considering any other 'practice' consequences or 'mixing it up' consequences or 'deception' consequences, you will kill every level up to and including 5/10. And I really don't think Mr. .01/.02 NL will mind destroying the games for months and months and making many thousand dollars just because he never practiced playing AA postflop until he got up to .1/.25 NL or whatever.

Both Ghaz and Grunch are too smart for their own good.