View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: QJo EMP in a Tightish Game

[ QUOTE ]
AVG vpip at the table over 90 hands or so is about 20. SB is the only loose player. 40/10/3 type of dude. I started raising offsuit broadway from EMP after I saw it folded around a few times. Getting ready to switch tables when:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Spewage? Limp preflop even at tight tables? Fold to the turn 3-bet? Two overs and a gutshot makes the flop call ok if all my outs are clean. I can't give an exact range on what the SB 3-bets with out of the small blind but given I was playing aggressively it's probably something like TT+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,A9o+. Too wide? I think even against that range I'm toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your range is way too wide - most players that are too loose and are generally bad don't pay attention to what you are doing. i'm pretty sure his 3-bet is not a reflection of your past aggressive play. i think you're looking at AJs+, AQo+, and 99+ many times here (from the sb).

i'd usually just call down from the turn on to see.

(i like the pf raise at the position and table you describe)