View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: How many of you people actually have real jobs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You talkin' to me? I went to freaking law school. LAW SCHOOL. I'm supposed to be studying for the bar right now...so of course I'm unemployed but can potentially make more than I ever could as a lawyer in 1/3 of the hours but then there's the lack of a resume to think about. Ugh, my head hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your law school and raise you six years in an ivy league applied math PhD program. SIX YEARS of misery.

Oh, yeah, lovely, expecting wife? I'm giving up a variance free $10k a month to sit at home in my underwear and gamble. That cool?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

My story is better. This happened today with a customer:

Guy: What'd you do before this job?
Me: I went to college. I'm actually trained as a pilot, but...
Guy: You sell cars instead?
Me: Yeah...
Guy: Hmm...
Me: Well, I make about a billion times more doing this than I would being a pilot.

So sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<--- Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor (Airplane Single and Multiengine, Instrument Airplane)

Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does completing a flight program beat out 50 billion years of college, including 6 years of applied math?

As for making a billion times more selling cars than flying... "I officially made 100 bucks last week. [censored]."

And 60 hours per week? Haven't you been doing this for like four or five days now?

Time for some of these lawyers to get on your ass for misrepresentation...