View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Introduction & a few questions

Well, I figured I'd stop lurking and start posting. I like most people only recently started playing poker, both online and offline. I used to play alot of other card games when I was in the Navy, but since my journey in life has taken me down a different path I no longer have the large group a people to play cards & party with, so I went with online poker.

Anyways, it's been about 5 months of playing and for the most part I consider myself a break even player. I honestly have only deposited an inital deposit of $50 at Party and that is it. I made some money and lost some along the way, but never had to re-deposit. So I have been reading and re-reading (especially this forum), studying and researching and have found my game slowly improving along with my confidence. I am currently almost through WLLH by Lee Jones for the third time and am anxiously awaiting Ed Miller's new book. I also will be purchasing Poker Tracker to review my play and hopefully show my leaks and truly prove to myself I am break even. Due to my work schedule and other responsibilites I usually get in about 12 to 15 hours per week right now playing. I started out play NL but have since started playing Limit which has greatly improved my game, however, I am usually still playing the micro limits .05/.10.

Now for the questions...

1. I have the bankroll to move up but still am gaining confidence in my play. Everything I read says when I am dominating the level I am at then I should move up...how can I tell I am dominating?

2. I want to set some goals, much like a step program. I know one particular goal is to utilize this for a little extra fun money, so therefore winning is important. Any suggestions on what to shoot for?

3. Should I be bonus whoring?