View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Horray, 1st 10-20 hand post

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments. I guess with my inital hand post I should of included as much info as I can. I have played all 400 hands I have on him againist him at the table. I am ruthless with blind stealing and take it from there. I wanted to play a little trick on this guy instead of just capping and then betting the flop showing him I mean business.

I think he is the type of player that would cap with AJ and up along with even 99 and up againist me. No matter what the flop was I would of waited to pump the turn unless an ace came on the flop. I think I have the image to him that I am really only betting and continuing to fire when I have nothing. I figured the best way to get bets out of him was to wait.

Given the turn action, I would of put him on a AJs, 99, QQ, and KK even KQs about 80% of the time and TT or JJ 20% of the time. I truly thought he would of checked the river to me where I would of bet/called.

I dont know how much action I would of lost on the flop if I just hit it hard from the getgo.

This is definitely not a "standard" play for me but trying to incorporate some different lines especially playing againist a player that I see frequently.

Villian showed QQ which at least made me feel like a good player for a whole 2 minutes. I know in this instance I earned more this hand than if I played it as hard and fast as possible. It just got me thinking if this is "acceptable" say once every 3 times in this situation.

Thanks for the comments once again.