View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 30/60 78s

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

A valid question. Mostly because I think checking for info is more usefull then betting for info.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not check raise the Turn, forcing middle action to fold????

[/ QUOTE ]

re-read the OP, thats exactly what I did.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly when did you think the button had two pair, when he raises the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

When he 3bet the turn, after I c/r the turn, as noted above.

[ QUOTE ]
You can’t answer any of these scenarios because you did not force any of your players to consider you

[/ QUOTE ]

of course I did, you didn't read the post correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay your 20-1 on the river call, who cares if you’re beat...you're beat? You can beat three hands here, all of which had you beat until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because I missed my gutshot/2pair draw I should fold on the river, even if some of the button's holdings got counterfeited? That doesn't make any sense. I'm easily good at least 5% of the time here.

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful of becoming a Call Station. Sometimes poker can be very simple. Look it doesn’t matter to me if you keep calling in this situation. I wish everyone would do the same, my life would be easier. If you took offense to this ask yourself, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your concern, but trust me i'm in no danger of going broke. No offense taken, and I appreciate your input, but next time try reading the OP correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Lets say you fold the hand at some point, you save money

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if i'm folding the best hand...

[ QUOTE ]
4. If you just call, you need still look a little suspect. You called two big bets on the turn with a pair of 8’s and a gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another statement caused by you misreading the post. I c/r the turn (bet came from the button) and forced the entire field to fold. I think, given that I didn't make a move on the flop, the turn c/r was the way to go. After the button 3 bets i'm easily getting the odds to call for just my gutshot, not to mention my 2pair draw, which is likely good as well.

[ QUOTE ]
If you think I’m wrong,

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all. I didn't like how this hand felt, thats why i posted it. But don't preach, just analyze. I'm pretty ok at this game.

Now, hopefully, you've understood the ACTUAL turn action. Does this change your thoughts?

lf