View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Full Time Poker Players, Secondary Income?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really just looking for some general discussion on those that may have looked to ease the variance of poker, and therefore the "unknown" level of profit for a given time period when faced with a relatively standard set of expenses by introducing some form of secondary income.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your bankroll is small enough that you're going to notice if you don't play for a few months, it's too small.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. But interestingly, I see many full time players on these boards "struggle" to put in the hours. So, how are they making enough to pay the bills if they are hardly playing? I'd imagine either they've built up an insanely large BR/income cushion and play more leisurely, or have some alternate source of income to supplement them while they vacation across the world, go to sporting events, etc. Seems like some have endless income, yet play less than 20 hours a week...perhaps that's all it takes?

Not talking about anyone in particular, just generally from various responses over the last few months regarding "full time" poker players on here. I know there are also a fair share of full timers that do put in consistent hours.