View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: DN\'s comments on his match and an interesting thought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That last post really brings to focus how much more like hellmuth he is becoming. With every pseudo compliment he gives oppenheim, there is always an included jab. Either he is indirectly insulting oppenheim by claiming that stakes were so small he doesnt care if he wins or loses, or he chalks oppenheims winning as luck, or an extremely lucky streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said numerous times that he thought he was a dog. He's been very clear about that. He also said Oppenheim caught some good cards. The two statements are not conflicting. If you just played someone for 200k and the deck hit him in the face, you'd probably talk about it too. He makes pains to say even though Oppenheim got lucky, DN thinks he got outplayed as well. Yeah maybe he could have talked about the luck a little yes, but I didn't see this post as nutzoid-central.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the guy, but i know poker players too well to believe what he writes. the facts: DN and DO had a heads up limit HE match, and DO won.

everything else, most especially the number of times DO had nasty suckouts, should be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism.

i'm to believe from his blog, for instance that DN flopped about 10 sets that were sucked out on. sorry, i don't buy it. that post was a face-saver; that's cool, it's what we do when we lose.