View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: How Do You Feel When Drunk?

Happier and more relaxed, and often more sociable.

Strangely enough, even though it's a depressant, it almost always picks me up, sometimes enormously. I think because it relaxes my tensions so much, both the ones I carry around unnoticed in my body all day and the ones that are more just part of my worrying, sometimes obsessive nature. The bring down of a depressant is more than compensated for by how much more energy relaxing actually frees up and gives me. Sometimes I've come home exhausted(I'm a bad insomniac and often feel exhausted during the weekdays), the only thing I could do to not fall asleep is actually drink a beer or two.

Sometimes if I'm really deep down exhausted, though, then a drink can make me feel even more exhausted really quickly.

I don't drink very much at all anymore these days, because I can't wake up feeling like I never drank at all anymore, like I could when I was really young. It's not worth it to do except occasionally.

I've never been an angry drunk or a morose drunk, or one of those too-squishy emotional drunks either. I get upbeat and usually a little mellower about stuff that bugs me, and energetic too.