View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: after mike sexton\'s CP article....he needs to STFU

[ QUOTE ]
After watching your post-WSOP press conference, I was under the impression that you felt the WSOP buyin and field-size was fine and "if it ain't broke don't fix it." Do you still feel that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly I believe that as long as they don't have to start capping the field, they should keep it as much like it is as they can. However, if the numbers were to double again, I believe that they would not be able to hire enough dealers to do it all at once in Vegas. You can always find tables and floorspace, but you can't hire 500 competent poker dealers for a week only. Not when you have to get them to fly/drive in from around the country.

And it's not fair to amateurs to have something ridiculous like 7 day ones, then 3 day twos, and finally a day 3 where you get into the money. You can't expect people to take over a week and a half off of work to play in this thing when they might not even make it into the money after all that time. Plus, with all the dealers tied up in the main event, it's not like the players will be able to play in cash games on their days off.

If the number of players starts to exceed 10,000, then we will have to do something, but until then, I think they can make do with the current format. Next year they are probably going to have 4 day ones, and 2 day twos, but at least that's only one week before you're in the money. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)