View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Leading the People to War

Hey ACPlayer,

You're right, we did team up with the British to defeat Italy, Japan, and Germany - but the real war had already begun on the European front before the United States became involved. It did take Pearl Harbor to throw us into action, although nobody would argue that we should and would have gone to help Britain...just when?

Change topic - I'm intrigued. You say you want to attack the "source of terrorism and wipe it off the face of the planet, if possible." With this statement, I agree wholeheartedly. The problem is, the source of terrorism is NOT well-defined. The incarnation we deal with from the Middle East right now is some sick, twisted version of the Muslim religion that these maniacs believe will lead them to Allah, by killing all "infidels" or those who don't believe the same things they do.

Now, how precisely do we attack this source of terrorism without fanning a few flames along the way? I'm not saying this as a Republican OR a Democrat, I'm asking this as one person to another - how does one go about destroying a poorly-defined enemy without significant risk along the way? As we've all said, these suicidal maniacs are beyond reason.

And we do have support from more than the British, they're just our most powerful and vocal supporter. Countries like Australia, among others, should not have their contributions to this cause ignored (not saying you are, just saying it shouldn't be).

-Edge