View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Do you agree with this play?

Well, the best line probably depends on reads that you didn't provide. How light is original raisers PF standards? What does 1st caller need to call with PF? Will original raiser bet at it near 100% if checked do? Can he get away from QQ-AA if you CR? What will he think you need to call PF? Have you show any draws you've played very aggressively?

Anyway, not to over complicate it you either lead out for a standard sized bet (for you) or you CR. No way I stop and go on this board, there are too many cards that kill your action on the turn. If original raiser has a very wide range and will bet at it most times then the CR all-in is fine. It's also fine if he can't get away from a big pair.

If he's pretty good he may be able to lay down an overpair when you CR all-in (though on a drawy board 5-handed that would be some laydown), in which case a lead would probably give you a better chance of stacking him. Leading also prevents the nightmare scenario of it getting checked round and a Q or a 9 coming on the turn (or to a lesser extent a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

So, I'm afraid tyhat my slightly incoherent conclusion is that it depends....