View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: QJs > Nuts > Action

[ QUOTE ]
I would've just called the turn. Villain's line from a thinking player looks like he's probing to see if you were raising a draw on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's possible, but he should still have a hand right? If he's probing with a made hand, I want to raise and get his money into the pot before something kills my action. What happens when I call and sell the whole draw thing, but a spade comes? That's not really good for anybody.

Is he has 76, that's great as there is very little chance he'll get away from it. Especially when I play it super fast like I did. Not to mention, if he does have a made hand, my jam can also sell the whole semi-bluff thing, too.

If he has a set, I doubt he's getting away from that either. If he's probing with a draw, good, I still want to raise here, right? I'd rather go with the sure thing though, which is getting my money in now, as opposed to hoping river blanks so I can jam and sell a bluff.. all the while hoping his probing hand is that strong.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of Villain's line here? It seems very hard to get away from 67......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, can't fault him for calling. I can easily have a set there and I'd play it the same way.