Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

His BB's won at showdown is right in line with most other players, so it doesn't seem like he's getting that much excessive action, if any.

I still contend he wins as much as he does with his extremely loose raising/3-betting standards and his relentless bluffing/semi-bluffing after the flop. He's playing heads up poker, but with 10 people at the table. His opponents seem to be virtually guaranteeing a win for him by folding to him too much, and the number of pots I see him take down uncontested, for a guy who raises any 2 suited and will 3 bet 6 high, is just ridiculous.

Now, stox disagrees with me about this point, but I believe that DERB could sum up his strategy on one page, stox thinks you could write a book about it.

I've played a lot with DERB, and when it comes to actual *decision making* post flop, he seems to suck. 9/10 times, when he is raising, or being raised, he is behind but doesn't seem to know it. I can only conclude that it's the pre-flop pounding that makes up for his gross post-flop errors and allows him to win so healthily.

I find it strange though that James thinks he sucks at 10-handed games. He may have very little intuitive poker skill, which is indeed my opinion, but his "system", if you can call it that, is very effective and appears to be winning big money for him.

Just to add: I'd like to be wrong about all of the above,and hope Stox will explain in detail where he thinks I am wrong on this so that I can stop feeling like all the time I spend working on my post-flop game isn't a waste of time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]